Wednesday, August 5, 2009

'Where the underworld can meet the elite..'



Twice, 42nd Street had beaten me. Consecutive string breaks on consecutive days. I was determined to go back and play a proper set at the busiest station in the network, determined also that it wouldn't fall into the list where I've struck out, and when better than on the 42nd day of this project.

So I persevered for about an hour using the little Martin, and lo and behold, I managed a dollar! Was happy for it, and happy to see the back of 42nd Street, to be honest. Running total is now $82.06.

Up at the 42nd Street MUNY spot, the Raices Group were setting up and getting ready to play as I was heading home.


Today's songlist:

Here Comes The Sun - Beatles
Knockin' On Heaven's Door - Bob Dylan
Bad Moon Rising - John Fogerty
Welfare Music - Bottle Rockets
The Ties That Bind - Bruce Springsteen
Galway Girl - Steve Earle
Lawyers Guns And Money - Warren Zevon
Rise - Eddie Vedder
The Longer I Run - Peter Bradley Adams
Queen Jane Approximately - Bob Dylan
Never Tire Of The Road - Andy Irvine
Rosalita - Bruce Springsteen
Peace Love And Understanding - Elvis Costello

No comments:

Post a Comment