Friday, April 16, 2010

'Blue is the color of grass..'



Suddenly, over the last week or so, there seem to have been a lot more people playing out in the subways and on the trains. It's like the 'spring season' has kicked off. I'll start taking my Flip camera out with me again and catching some performers.

Yesterday I was coming through 34th Street and MUNY regulars The Ebony Hillbillies were playing. I've seen them around for quite a long time, but have never had a camera with me. They're always full of energy and it's almost impossible not stop and toe-tap with them for a few minutes. You can see from their site that they have a pretty full gigging schedule, and you can read more about them here.

Check them out if they come to your town.

I don't think I'll be back underground busking myself this summer. Hopefully though, there'll be a couple of interesting musical developments, and I wouldn't rule out the odd weekend appearance since I had such a good time last year.

1 comment: